Brisbane Airshow (the “Event”) is owned and operated by Australian Airdisplays Pty Ltd (“Brisbane Airshow , we, us or our").
From time to time, Brisbane Airshow may update or modify this policy, so please ensure you review it regularly for the most up to date terms. Brisbane Airshow may, in its absolute discretion, choose to inform its users of any modifications or changes to Brisbane Airshow ’s policy.
You acknowledge and agree that your continued use of Brisbane Airshow ’s website, following any change to this policy, will constitute your acceptance of the renewed terms.
Brisbane Airshow ’s Commitment
Brisbane Airshow recognises the importance of your right to privacy and that you have a right to control your personal information. Brisbane Airshow understands that providing personal information is an act of trust, and one which it treats very seriously. Unless you provide Brisbane Airshow with written consent to the contrary, this policy will govern how Brisbane Airshow manages your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
Brisbane Airshow is committed towards protecting your personal information and providing you with transparency in determining who can use and access your personal information and how it can be utilised.
Brisbane Airshow is further committed towards complying with its obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles implemented by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) (the “Act”). We undertake to comply with any laws introduced to strengthen protections for our stakeholder’s privacy.
We will only collect or monitor any personal information about you where it is reasonably necessary:
- to provide you with the services and customized functionality available from our platforms;
- to provide you information;
- to facilitate the promotion and management of the Events or activities promoted through this website;
- because it is required by law;
- to process payments made through this website for the purchase of Tickets to the Event;
- to implement Brisbane Airshow ’s Ticketing Terms;
- to provide you with information about and to promote the Event and related events products and services;
- to protect Brisbane Airshow ’s rights or property of any of Brisbane Airshow ’s users; or any member of the public; or
- to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Brisbane Airshow uses third party tools to help maximise your enjoyment of its platforms. When you visit our website our metric tools collect information for statistical purposes, which includes but is not limited to the type of browser you use, your server address, your top level domain name, the pages you visited and the date and time of your visit. This information is only used to analyse how our website and resources are being used. We do not use this information to personally identify anyone. This information is stored third party servers.
Cookies & related technologies
Brisbane Airshow may utilise "cookies" and related technologies to enable it to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently in the event that you revisit the website. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. you can set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie and to provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features on Brisbane Airshow ’s website.
Log files, IP Addresses and Device Identifiers
Any time you make a request to access Brisbane Airshow ’s website, Brisbane Airshow ’s servers record certain log file information including, but not limited to, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your ISP provider, browser type, and details on how you interact with third party websites. Also, please note that advertisers receive the URL of the page that you are visiting when you click an ad on or through Brisbane Airshow ’s Services. This information is collected by Brisbane Airshow for the purposes of achieving more accurate reporting and the improvement of Brisbane Airshow ’s website.
Any further collection of your personal information than that explained above will only occur with your consent. Brisbane Airshow only collect information from your use of its website and not from other organisations.
Brisbane Airshow will not collect unsolicited personal information about you.
Use and Sharing of your Information
Brisbane Airshow will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, or access your communications on Brisbane Airshow ’s website unless it believes it to be necessary:
- because it is required or permitted by law;
- to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety;
- for a purpose described above under the heading “Collecting Information”;
- to enable an Brisbane Airshow to take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to Brisbane Airshow ’s functions or activities;
- to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to provide that information to an enforcement body for one or more enforcement related activities including the conduct of surveillance activities and intelligence gathering or the conduct of protective or custodial activities;
- to implement Brisbane Airshow ’s Ticketing Terms
- to assist in the location of the person who has been reported as missing when We believe it is reasonably necessary and Brisbane Airshow ’s disclosure complies with the Act;
- to lessen or prevent a serious threat to individuals life health or safety or to public health or safety, and it is unreasonable to obtain your consent prior to the use or disclosure.
Examples of circumstances where We will use or disclose information about you includes:
- to enable Brisbane Airshow to contact you to discuss your interest in Brisbane Airshow ’s company, the services we provide and the ways we can provide them;
- to enable Brisbane Airshow to provide you with access to Brisbane Airshow ’s website and Brisbane Airshow ’s other services;
- to advise you of announcements and promotions and events from us or our partners;
- to enable Brisbane Airshow to contact you in the course of providing Brisbane Airshow ’s services to you;
- to advise you about goods and services available through this website; and
- to help diagnose technical problems and to administer the Brisbane Airshow ’s website and services to improve quality; and
- to enable us to carry out maintenance, repairs and development of our website, software and computer hardware.
The types of people who may have access to your information includes:
- Internal Recipients - Employees and contractors engaged by us will have access to your personal information. Brisbane Airshow ’s resellers and advisors may also have access to your personal information; and
- State or federal police or other investigating bodies who are carrying investigations regarding suspected crimes, missing persons or other surveillance or intelligence gathering activities.
One of the purposes for collecting personal information from you is to enable Brisbane Airshow to promote our activities and services. Brisbane Airshow does not collect information from third parties for this purpose, nor does it send "spam" (unsolicited advertising information). If you are receiving promotional information from Brisbane Airshow and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from Brisbane Airshow ’s list either by using the unsubscribe link from the promotional email, or emailing Brisbane Airshow at email@example.com, asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 5 days for this request to be processed.
Quality, Security and storage of Information
Brisbane Airshow will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which it holds about you, and to keep this information accurate, complete and up to date upon your written request.
Brisbane Airshow takes all reasonable steps to ensure the protection of your information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Brisbane Airshow achieves this by storing your information on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. In addition, Brisbane Airshow ’s employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Brisbane Airshow and complying with this policy. However, Brisbane Airshow will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Access to your Personal Information
Your trust is very important to Brisbane Airshow . If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information any part of Brisbane Airshow ’s site is holding about you, you are welcome to request that information by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless there is some legitimate reason why Brisbane Airshow will not provide you with this information, it will otherwise endeavour to contact you to provide a copy of any of your personal information it holds within 14 days or to notify you when it will provide it (which in any event should not be more than 30 days after your request). If Brisbane Airshow will not provide you with access, it will notify you of this fact and of the reasons for denying you access, and a complaint process for you to follow, within 14 days of your request. If Brisbane Airshow proposes to provide you access to your information, other than directly to you, it shall notify you of when and how you shall get access within 30 days of your request.
Correction and Deletion of your Personal Information
If at any time you wish to update any personal information held by Brisbane Airshow (including information such as IP logs etc), please contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com and we will process your request, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. If Brisbane Airshow elects not to correct your information, it shall notify you within 14 days, of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about Brisbane Airshow ’s refusal and such other matters as required by the Act.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to retain this information for legal purposes.
Links to other websites
From time to time, Brisbane Airshow may provide links to websites outside of its website. These linked sites are not under Brisbane Airshow ’s control and Brisbane Airshow is not responsible for the conduct of persons, companies and other websites linked to from its website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, We advise you to examine the terms and conditions of such disclosure with that party.
Problems and questions
Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
If you would like more information about your rights concerning privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.